SUCCESS AT NEWQUAY TRETHERRAS
- Headline results have been above national average standards for the last 7 years.
- Students’ overall attainment has improved to become significantly above the national average in many years.
- Science performance is consistently in the top 20% of the country.
- The gap in attainment between the most disadvantaged students and their peers has continued to close year on year at Tretherras.
- The progress students make at A-Level has been improving year on year with many subjects.
- In 2015 progress was significantly above Cornwall and national rates, even when including private/independent settings with selective intakes.
- Performance in vocational subjects in the Sixth Form is well above that nationally.
- A high percentage of students go on to a sustained education or employment/training destination than in the rest of Cornwall and nationally.
- A great proportion of students go on to a Russell Group University (the top 24 British Universities) than they do across Cornwall.
KEY STAGE 4
- Progress 8 = -0.22 (national average is 0.00)
- Attainment 8 = 46.2 (national average is 44.6)
- A*-C in English and Maths (Grade 5 or above in English and Maths) 38% (national average is 39.6%)
- Achieving the English Baccalaureate (at grade 5/C or above): 14% (national average is 19.7%)
- Student Destinations: 95% (national average is 94%)
Please follow the link to the School and College Performance Tables: