Our Aims And Values (Mission Statement)
- We are a happy school with a strong ‘Tretherras’ family ethos. Newquay Tretherras is an ambitious and inspirational educational community which believes in setting the highest expectations and aspirations for absolutely everyone, from Year 7 through to the Sixth Form.
- We are part of the Kernow Teaching School Alliance and our continuing professional development for staff ensures that our teachers are highly trained specialists in their subject fields.
- We value every student equally and provide a totally inclusive, challenging and rich learning experience underpinned by outstanding care, guidance and support, enabling everyone to succeed. Our safeguarding of young people and our pastoral care is excellent. We have high expectations of students’ behaviour and their positive attitudes to learning and school life.
- We have a dynamic and inspirational curriculum, which aims to appeal to the interests and needs of all our students. We have a track-record of high academic success in public examinations. We place emphasis on a traditionally broad and balanced curriculum and we have high expectations of academic success in core subjects, to develop students’ literacy, numeracy and scientific skills. We run an NT Student Excel Programme for our gifted and talented students. We have an excellent Learning Support department with a highly trained team of Learning Support Assistants to give individual support for students with Special Educational Needs.
- We believe passionately in empowering all students to become successful life-long learners who are self-aware, creative and resourceful enough to meet the challenges, careers and opportunities of the 21st century. Our school is well-resourced with Sporting, Arts, Technology and Library facilities, new state of the art Science laboratories and we are looking forward to a new school building soon!
- We enrich our curriculum through an extensive and unique out of hours provision which embraces volunteering, a wide range of Sports and Arts, and high quality Science, Technological, Engineering and Mathematical opportunities (we are STEM Champions!) We are a Duke of Edinburgh Award Licensed Centre and offer an adventurous Outdoor Education programme. We have an Activities Week and a Year 7 camp every summer. We are proud of our sporting and creative arts success and NT Sport and NT Creative Arts are strengths of the school.
- We aim to nurture “educated people” with opportunities to grow emotionally and physically, as well socially and intellectually, spiritually and culturally. Our Social Moral Spiritual and Cultural provision is outstanding! We offer Careers’ Guidance, the Young Enterprise Scheme and enriching Work Experience and Internship programmes.
STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Take a look at our British Values statement